10 Things To Do For Mom @ Shelter Cove Harbour
Author: Linda S. Hopkins | Photographer: M.Kat
As Mother’s Day approaches, figuring out what to give your mother, grandmother, wife or favorite aunt can be challenging. “She has everything,” you say. Wrong! And even if she does, she deserves to be recognized in a way that says, “I cared enough to put some thought into this.”
Now is the time to put your thinking cap on and head over to Shelter Cove Harbour, where you will find an abundance of ideas for material gifts as well as experiences and adventures to make her day. What’s most important is that you match the gift to the recipient’s needs and desires. Thinking about her age, interests and lifestyle, use our list to spark your imagination, and let her unique personality be your guide.
1) A Good Hair Day. You can assure that your favorite lady is looking and feeling her best by arranging a visit to Salon Shelter Cove. Whether she’s seeking a simple trim, a custom haircut, or a gorgeous up-do, the stylists are knowledgeable and talented, using the most up-to-date products and techniques. For more information, visit salonsheltercove.com or call (843) 785-8627 for an appointment or stop by and purchase a gift certificate.
Spending time with your mom is one of the best gifts you can give.
A day at Shelter Cove Marina can be spent sharing stories over cocktails, lunching on the water and shopping at one of the many boutiques.
2) A Peaceful, Easy Morning. What’s even better than breakfast in bed? Mother’s Day Brunch at Ela’s Blu Water Grille. Start her day with a mimosa or Bloody Mary along with an exquisitely prepared meal in one of the island’s most spectacular settings, overlooking Shelter Cove Harbour and Marina. Brunch is served every Sunday from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. For more information, visit elasgrille.com, or call (843) 785-3030 for reservations.
3) A Day of Fun on the Water. If your special lady is up for a family adventure on the water, consider making a memory by booking Family Ski Day, a private charter for up to six people. The adventure begins with a ride from Shelter Cove Marina to the towing grounds—a beautiful, calm-water, secluded creek. There, you will have several hours for tubing, water-skiing, wake-boarding, and knee boarding. The boat is equipped with all the gear and the captain is a certified instructor. For information and to make a reservation, call (843) 686-6996.
4) A Memory Captured. However you choose to celebrate Mother’s Day, a photographic memory of the day is a treasured gift for any mom. There are many local portrait photographers who specialize in on-site photography and Shelter Cove Marina is a beautiful backdrop for individual and group shots. Purchase only the prints you want in the sizes you like best.
5) A Delightful Dinner with no Dishes to Wash. No mom should have to heat up or clean up the kitchen on Mother’s Day. Why not show some love by wining and dining her at Bistro 17? Enjoy French-inspired cuisine in a comfortable setting with gorgeous waterfront and sunset views. Call (843) 785-5517 for reservations.
6) An Artful Treasure. Does your lady love art, crafts and unusual items for her home or garden? Look no further than Nash Gallery for an array of unique treasures. The Gallery specializes in metal, wood, glass, ceramics and jewelry, all created by North American artists, with something for every taste, from sophisticated to whimsical. Select an item you know she will love or give her the pleasure of choosing. For more information, visit nashgallery.com or call (843) 785-6424, or stop in to browse or purchase a gift certificate.
7) A Joyful Escape! Any woman who plays or has ever played the role of mom deserves a cool drink and some time to relax. Give her the gift of escape at San Miguel’s Mexican on the Marina, serving the island’s best margaritas along with live music on the deck. Happy Hour is Mon.-Fri. from 4-6 p.m. with lunch every day from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. and dinner from 5 p.m. until. First come, first served. For more information, visit sanmiguel’s.com or call (843) 842-4555.
8) A Toe-Tapping Good Time. Get a head start on Mother’s Day. Watch the sun go down and dance the night away at Music & Taste on the Harbour, Thursday, May 7, from 6-9 p.m. Moms of all ages will appreciate the tasty appetizers and drink specials along with musical entertainment from the ever-popular regional band, Deas-Guyz, performing a mix of Motown, rhythm and blues, pop, rock, reggae and dance beats. It’s all happening at the foot of the Neptune statue at Shelter Cove Harbour. Admission is free. Bring a chair if you like. No coolers, please.
9) Something Pretty to Wear. Surprise the fashionable mom with a unique addition to her wardrobe from Taffeta, an exclusive boutique specializing in European fashions and accessories. Short of a trip to Paris, she won’t see anything like it elsewhere. If you’re unsure of her size or taste, a gift certificate is always in style.
10) A Breath of Fresh Air. Sometimes the best gifts don’t come in packages, and many times they don’t cost a dime. The one gift every mom wants to receive is your time. Suggest a leisurely bike ride over to Shelter Cove Harbour and go for a stroll along the Mediterranean-style walkway. Window shop, stop for a cool drink or an ice cream cone and take in the loveliness of the day. The fresh air and scenery are free; the precious moments you spend together, priceless.