4 Things to do with Fresh Peaches
Author: Special to CH2
Peach Smoothie Recipe
• 2 cups ice
• 2 peaches, pitted and cut into pieces
• 3/4 cup skim milk
• 7 ounces 2% yogurt (your favorite flavor)
• 1/2 cup tangerine juice or orange juice
• 3 tablespoons honey
1. In a blender, combine ice, peaches, milk, yogurt and juice.
2. Place lid on blender and select mix or crush setting.
3. Blend until smooth; while machine is on, pour in honey and blend an additional 30 seconds.
One 3 ounce package cream cheese
1-cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup sugar
6-8 medium peaches
2 Tbsp. chopped almonds
1. Pit and slice peaches.
2. Sprinkle with half of the sugar and refrigerate for at least an hour.
3. In a small mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, yogurt and the rest of the sugar until smooth.
4. Spoon alternate layers of yogurt mixture and peaches into 6 parfait glasses.
5. Top with almonds.
1/4 cup honey
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon horseradish
6 firm, ripe peaches, halved
Vegetable cooking spray
1. Whisk together first 3 ingredients. Brush half of honey mixture evenly over cut sides of peaches.
2. Coat a cold cooking grate with cooking spray, and place on grill over medium heat (300° to 350°). Arrange peach halves, cut sides up, on grate; grill, covered with grill lid, three minutes on each side or until tender and golden. Remove from grill, and brush cut sides of peaches evenly with remaining honey mixture.
1 stick (4 ounces) butter, melted
1 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 to 4 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Heat oven to 375°.
Pour melted butter into a 2-quart baking dish (11×7 or 8-inch square). In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of the sugar, the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir to blend. Stir in the milk and vanilla until blended. Pour the batter over the melted butter. Toss the peaches with the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Arrange the peach slices over the batter. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. The top will be browned and the cake will begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Serve warm with a little heavy cream, whipped topping, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.