JANUARY 2011: From The Editor - What Won't You Be Doing This Year?
Author: Maggie Washo | Photographer: Photography by Anne
Every January we make our lists of things we are going to do/ accomplish during the impending year. I think it might be easier if we all made lists of what we were NOT going to do. Then as 2012 approached, we might feel a little bit better about another year we’ve wasted.
Lose ten pounds? Not going to happen. World peace? Not likely. Save money? Riiiight. That one will go right out the window on January 1st when all of my favorite stores have the “get rid of the Christmas crap” sales.
Here are a few more things I will NOT be doing this year:
1) I will NOT make it to every social event I am invited to. I would like to come, but sometimes I need some alone time.
2) I will NOT leave my lights on when I leave the house.
3) I will NOT stop dancing at the Fred Astaire Dance studio. I’ve met so many interesting people and had fun shaking my booty this year.
4) I will NOT get through the whole year without making someone angry about the editorial in CH2 & CB2. It is never my intention to offend people; I guess I just have a knack for it. (See page 18).
5) I will NOT learn to speak French this year. I would really like to, but wanting and doing are two different things.
6) I will NOT win the lottery.
7) I will NOT forget to thank all of our readers for putting up with us every month.
Happy New Year from all of us at CH2 & CB2!