December 2010: GET HITCHED - Julie Klein and Dave Battiste GET HITCHED ON HILTON HEAD ISLAND!
Author: Special To C2 Magazine | Photographer: Mark Staff Photography, Scott Hopkin's Photography, Photography by Anne
Ever since she was a little girl vacationing on Hilton Head Island, Julie Klein dreamed she would marry her Prince Charming under the candy-stripe lighthouse. Her late father shared her fairy tale vision and on Saturday, November 13th, their wishes came true. Julie married fiancé Dave Battiste on the 18th Lawn at the Harbour Town Golf Links. A candle was lit in memory of her Dad as dozens of family members and friends from the hometown of Pittsburgh and other cities gathered on the green. Reverend Richard Flock, the same pastor who married Julie’s parents, was on hand to repeat the honors for the deserving couple. Numerous cameras clicked as Julie and Dave said “I do” during the wedding celebration of a lifetime, the gift of more than two dozen island vendors who sponsored Get Hitched on Hilton Head.
- Wedding Venue Sponsor: The Sea Pines Resort and Harbour Town Golf Links
- Accommodations Sponsors: The Main Street Inn & Spa, The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, ResortQuest and The Inn at Habour Town
- Floral Design Sponsor: The Flower Garden
- Photography Sponsor: Mark Staff Photography
- Videography Sponsor: Studio 43 Productions
- Entertainment Sponsor: Catherine Klimoff Strings Trio Hilton Head Entertainment
- Apparel Sponsors: Christi’s Bridal and Formal Wear (Atlanta), Lew’s International Menswear
- Wedding Tailor: Kim’s Tailor Shop
- Hair and Make-Up Sponsor: All About Me
- Bride’s Make-Up: Moore Make-Up (Charleston)
- Stationer Sponsor: Pretty Papers & Gifts / Invitations by William Arthur
Julie chose her bridesmaids from various stages of her life, from grade school and the neighborhood where she grew up to her sorority at the University of West Virginia! Her sister Ali also joined the stunning line-up. The wedding weekend was a close call for one of the bridesmaids, Aubra Thomas, who narrowly escaped extended Naval duties to make it to the island wedding in time! The bridesmaids included Allison Garrubba (maid of honor), Aubra Thomas, Krissy Loebig, Mallory Duley, Jenna Bayer, Alison Klein, Erin Ghise (junior bridesmaid) and five-year-old Meghan Ghise as the flower Girl.
All the girls dazzled guests in their strapless navy blue Bill Levkoff dresses provided by Christi’s Bridal and Formal Wear of Atlanta. The bride tapped La Jeune Mariee (near Columbus , Ohio) to provide her elegant ivory wedding gown with sweetheart neckline and lace detailed skirt, which Julie personalized with a jewel pendant on the waist band.
Dave’s groomsmen also spanned friendships of a lifetime, including his brother Marc and five other gentlemen and one almost-gentleman! Here is the wedding day line-up: Marc Battiste (Best Man), Kevin Klein, Mike Jackson, Jeff Propcheck, Mark Miller, Jared Korey and Ryan Ghise. We should note that Jared Korey , Dave’s boss, introduced Dave and Julie three years ago and the rest is Get Hitched history!
The enchanted evening continued for Julie and Dave as they boarded Old Savannah Tours trolleys with family and friends to go to Windows on the Waterway, an exclusive Celebrations Catering & Events venue. There guests were treated to cocktails and hors d’oeuvres beneath sparkling lights and a sheer tent at sunset. Celebrations’ Chef Andy Borgmeier prepared an exquisite seated dinner of filet and seafood. As you can see, Julie and Dave chose a color scheme of navy blue and jewel tones. They selected the Permanent Tourists to perform live at the reception, although other guest singers, such as Julie’s brother Kevin, were allowed to share the microphone! Julie and Dave requested Brad Paisley’s “Then” as their signature dance song. Weeks of ballroom dancing lessons allowed the couple to groove gracefully all night long on the Windows dance floor.
- Reception Venue Sponsor: Windows on the Waterway / Celebrations Catering & Events
- Catering Sponsor: Celebrations Catering & Events / The Lowrey Group
- Weddding and Groom’s Cakes: Sheri’s Edible Designs
- Wine & Champagne Sponsor: Ben Arnold Spirits / Mirassou
- Tent and Party Rentals Sponsor: Classic Party Rentals
- Floral Design: The Flower Garden
- Photography Sponsor: Mark Staff Photography
- Videographer Sponsor: Studio 43 Productions
- Entertainment: Hilton Head Entertainment
- Transportation: Old Savannah Tours
The Get Hitched weekend-long Celebration officially began on Friday with the Rehearsal Dinner at Oceans Restaurant at the Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, followed by a Welcome Party for all wedding guests in the Westin’s popular Barony Room. Family and friends mingled into the wee hours once Julie and Dave offered an inaugural toast and a sincere thanks to all Get Hitched Sponsors. A special highlight of the evening was a pre-wedding “It’s Island Time” margarita cake, specially prepared and infused with tequila by Sheri’s Edible Designs.
- Rehearsal Dinner and Welcome Party Venue Sponsor: The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa \ Oceans Restaurant
- Wine & Champagne Sponsor: Ben Arnold Spirits / Mirassou Wines
- Guests’ Gift Pail Sponsor: Ben Arnold Spirits / Barefoot Champagne
- Welcome Party Dessert Sponsor: Sheri’s Edible Designs
- Photography Sponsor: Scott Hopkins Photography
- Entertainment Sponsor: Stephen Manning
Though it was an action-packed weekend for guests of Get Hitched, there was time to relax as well. Julie and her bridesmaids received two days of royal treatment from All About Me, beginning with manicures on Friday and signature pedicures for the bride and her mother. The women of Get Hitched also soaked up salty warm breezes on the rear terrace of their luxe ResortQuest beachfront home along North Sea Pines Drive as they each experienced the consummate outdoor massage in Faces Day Spa mobile Cabana (thank you Josh Goodpaster!)
The finishing touch on a perfect day of pre-nup pampering was hair-styling and make-up by Joy Ross of Style It.
For the Get Hitched groomsmen, the initial male-bonding opportunity came early Friday on the emerald greens of the Arnold Palmer signature Golf Course at Crescent Pointe. The complimentary rounds of golf included lunch at the newly renovated club house and yes, beverage cart privileges!
- Bridal Party Lifestyle Venue Sponsor: ResortQuest
- Bridal Party Pampering Sponsors: All About Me and Faces Day Spa – Style It – The Art of Massage – Groomsmen Golf Sponsor: – Crescent Pointe Golf
- Photography Sponsor: Scott Hopkins
…special thanks to Scott who endured the entire day of pampering without the benefits of pampering!
Get Hitched on Hilton Head began as a wish fulfillment campaign, designed to offer one deserving couple the wedding of a lifetime on behalf of one of the Southeast’s leading wedding destination, Hilton Head Island. Through the generosity and innovation of more than two dozen island vendor-sponsors, the campaign reached heights way beyond Julie and Dave’s wishes…one of those heights was the Bachelorette “Bombshell” Party, featuring a pin up-style photo shoot and catered Happy Hour at the studio of Get Hitched sponsor Photography By Anne. With direction and photography by Anne Caufmann and assistance from the hair stylists at Salon 5200 and vintage wardrobe genius Caroline Noble (Madhouse Vintage Shop), the bride and bridesmaids were transformed into retro-beauties who could easily grace the silver screen.
- Bachelorette Party Venue Sponsor: Photography By Anne
- Photography Sponsor: Photography By Anne
- Hair and Make-Up: Salon 5200
- Vintage Couture: Madhouse Vintage of Bluffton
- Catering Sponsor: The Asian Bistro and Celebrations Catering & Events
The wedding and the reception were absolutely stunning and amazing. There were so many generous sponsors who donated their services to Get Hitched who we will be forever grateful. All of them contributed in their own special way to make our wedding so perfect. Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts for making our dream come true…. we are truly blessed to have met so many wonderful, generous and caring people over the last several months and you all will always hold a special place in our hearts.
Julie and David Battiste